Solved // CLI: Agent info incomplete

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Wed Aug 3 13:46:56 UTC 2011

>> Also, the names could be "setNameFilter()" and such instead of
>> "addNameFilter()". But I guess that won't change for back compat reasons.
>
> Yeah, that's not going to change at this point. I suspect there was some
> technical reason for the decision to use add*.

It's called "add" because the thinking was we have a "set of filters"
and we "add" filters to this set.

eg. you start with an empty filter set then you

"add a filter on name to the set of filters"

then

"add a filter on status..."

then

"add a filter on created time..."

etc..

So you are adding filters until you get a full set of filters that you
want to use to trim down the result set.