Dynamic Types

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Thu Oct 21 20:47:03 UTC 2010

Hi,

Am 21.10.2010 um 22:42 schrieb Greg Hinkle:

> Is there any documentation regarding the dynamic typing system? (or does it have any relation to
> http://rhq-project.org/display/RHQ/Design-Dynamic+Metadata )?

I think it is under the Nagios name (http://support.rhq-project.org/display/RHQ/Plugins+-+Nagios)
and Alex will over the weekend latest update the wiki.

> It seems like the types, once discovered, need to be persisted and merged on the server for
> consistency with the rest of the model... those would also need to be persistently sync'ed to the

They are (with the caveat that a plugin update will kill them, as the Metadata code assumes them as non-existent
if they don't come from the plugin descriptor). And also added pc side.

> agents as well. Right?

This persistency on the agent is not (yet) done which is one of the reasons, I posed my question :)

 Thanks
        Heiko

--
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Otto-Hahn-Strasse 20, 85609 Dornach bei München
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht München HRB 153243