Perftest areas

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Tue Oct 12 13:19:52 UTC 2010

In git we now have a perftest branch that is supposed to measure long term performance trends of RHQ and also
to give developers a way to evaluate code changes performance wise.

A first performance test exist in the form of the AvailabilityInsertPurgeTest.
Other areas that need to be covered are (actually there is more, but those need to start the game):

- Events insertion and purging
- Insertion and purging of Call time data
- Configuration updates inserts of configuration updates.
- Computation of baselines + out of bound data

The existing test is currently single threaded, but we are working to allow parallel execution to
simulate multiple agents sending data.

   Heiko

--
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Otto-Hahn-Strasse 20, 85609 Dornach bei München
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht München HRB 153243