NPE after server bounce

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Mon Nov 15 10:18:36 UTC 2010

Am 15.11.2010 um 07:40 schrieb John Mazzitelli:

> This is a known issue. The little alert flag in the bottom right corner
> of the UI shows you if there are any alerts in the system. Every N
> seconds (I don't know what N is - 10? 30?) the UI will query to see if
> it needs to update the alert count by the alert icon. When you lose your
> session, that query ends up failing, and you'll see if fail each time
> that query is executed (every N seconds).

Could we
- have something in the UI, that checks for session lost and "reset" the UI
to some empty screen with login box
- catch the NPE and just show a one-liner about "session has probably timed out"

?

  Heiko

--
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Otto-Hahn-Strasse 20, 85609 Dornach bei München
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht München HRB 153243