Virtual platforms

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Thu Nov 4 16:39:07 UTC 2010

Am 04.11.2010 um 17:24 schrieb Greg Hinkle:

> http://rhq-project.org/display/RHQ/Design-Agentless+Management

Thanks for pointing that out. I am not sure the idea of allowing servers to have
no partent is really appealing.
First I think this may confuse more than it helps (e.g. the nav tree has a platform
as root node now it would be a void or the server directly? What about services
then, could they also be root?)
And then it will still be possible that a box is hosting more than one server type
resource, so a (virtual) platform would be a nice automatic grouping together.
Of course DynaGroups can do a lot of this already.

As it is pointed out, some relationship management is currently missing here.
Having a DynaGroup that holds e.g. Proxy + services behind, would most
often be a mixed groups with its caveats of not being able to run group ops etc.

  Heiko

--
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Otto-Hahn-Strasse 20, 85609 Dornach bei München
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht München HRB 153243