server side plugin versions

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Mon Jan 11 21:45:00 UTC 2010

The agent plugins seem to get their version strings injected into
MANIFEST.MF ImplementationVersion by maven. This lets our build process
stamp the plugins with the proper versions.

Server side plugins don't have that. Versioning is ad-hoc for server
plugins.

We need a common way for all our server plugins to be versioned so its
more maintainable.

I actually don't know the trick the agent plugins do to get themselves
versioned. Ian? do you know? I want the server plugins to do the same
thing so everthing is consistent.