jboss avail=DOWN

Jay Shaughnessy jshaughn at redhat.com
Thu Jan 7 15:00:00 UTC 2010

John,

There are a few reasons this could happen.  A common reason is that EAP
is authenticated by default.  From the FAQ:

As explained in the JBoss EAP 4.2 documentation
<https://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/jboss/jboss-eap-4.2/readme.html#Default_Security_Settings>,
the jmx-console is secured by default, follow the instructions listed in
the EAP Installation Guide to define a username/password. Then add this
username and password to the "Configuration Properties" page of the
JBoss EAP instance. Also note that when starting a JBoss EAP instance
without specifying a configuration parameter (-c), it will be started
with the "production" configuration, as described in JBPAPP-198
<http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBPAPP-198>.

Typically this means you have to, minimally, set the username/password
to admin/admin in the EAP server resource (via the Inventory->Connection
subtab).  Without this the RHQ Agent's AS-5 plugin will not be able to
talk to the EAP instance.