How to get the plugin configuration in parent resource ?

Lin Gao lgao at redhat.com
Wed Dec 22 01:28:12 UTC 2010

Hi, gurus:

   I am fresher on RHQ plug-ins, I am writing a RHQ plug-in, and have a question on the plugin configuration:

My rhq-plugins.xml:

<plugin name="HttpCheck" displayName="Http Server Checker" ...>
  <server name="Http Server Checker" discovery="HttpCheckServerDiscoveryComponent" class="HttpCheckResourceComponent">
     <server name="HttpServer-Host" supportsManualAdd="true" discovery="HttpHostDiscoveryComponent" class="HttpHostResourceComponent">
         <plugin-configuration>
             <c:simple-property name="host" ... />
             <c:simple-property name="port" type="integer" ... />
         </plugin-configuration>

         <service name="HttpServer-Path" supportsManualAdd="true" discovery="HttpPathDiscoveryComponent" class="HttpPathResourceComponent">
            <plugin-configuration>
                <c:simple-property name="path" ... />
            </plugin-configuration>
         </service>
     </server>
  </server>
</plugin>

The idea of this plugin is to check the specified path of one http server whether it is available.

In the
HttpPathResourceComponent.start(ResourceContext _context){
    Configuration config = context.getPluginConfiguration();
    String path = config.getSimpleValue("path", "/");   // Here get the path configuration

    //TODO:  How to get the host and port here ??
    //TODO:  What is the best practice to get the plugin configuration in parent resource ??

}

--
Best Regards
Lin Gao