re-ordering the tabs

John Mazzitelli mazz at redhat.com
Wed Dec 8 13:49:35 UTC 2010

On 12/08/2010 08:20 AM, Heiko W.Rupp wrote:

> Am 29.11.2010 um 20:33 schrieb John Mazzitelli:
>> Summary, Inventory, Alert, Monitor, Events, Operations, Config, Content
>
> Does this make sense given that we had MICA(oars) in the past?
> I especially mean the "M" part of it.

Is the concern about the acronym MICA now having letters in a different
order than what the tabs are now in?

If so, I think that's not a problem, since a) we don't have MICA icons
any more and b) we don't really use the term "MICA" anywhere in
documentation (except when referring to the icons). That's more of an
internal, unofficial name AFAIK.

In any event, I'd still think the reordering of the tabs would be the
best thing to do, since it makes logical sense and lends itself to
consistency in the UI. And even if we had MICA icons, we could still
call them that and we'd just reorder the icons (but since we don't have
them, it doesn't matter).