Heap usage

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Fri Apr 16 10:19:55 UTC 2010

Am 16.04.2010 um 11:45 schrieb Heiko W.Rupp:
> Tracking this down leads to org.ajax4jsf.application.AjaxStateHolder which seems to hold information about the
> last 15 visited pages (and their page areas for the render tree).

I found https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/RF-3878 about this.

While we seem not hit by this specific bug ( was fixed in an earlier version of RF ),
the workaround mentioned seems what I was looking for:

<context-param>
 <description>
 </description>
 <param-name>com.sun.faces.numberOfViewsInSession</param-name>
 <param-value>1</param-value>
 </context-param>
 <context-param>
 <description>
 </description>
 <param-name>com.sun.faces.numberOfLogicalViews</param-name>
 <param-value>1</param-value>
</context-param>

I don't know yet if 1 is a good value here, but I did not see any immediate bad effects with it.
With 2 users logged in and after some clicking, heap size for all sessions went from 60 MB (31+29) with
the default setting to 8 MB (6+2) with the '1' setting.

  Heiko