Heap usage

Heiko W.Rupp hrupp at redhat.com
Fri Apr 16 09:45:22 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am currently looking at heap usage (in master) - and especially when in the UI big memory usage piles up in the
session object.
Tracking this down leads to org.ajax4jsf.application.AjaxStateHolder which seems to hold information about the
last 15 visited pages (and their page areas for the render tree).

So I think we could benefit from limiting this list of visited pages to ~4 -- especially as I don't see any "immediate"
rendering when using the back button - looks like we still hit the server.

Also creating some less complex JSF objects would help a lot in reducing the memory need, as
some pages are quite complex and are using lots of objects.

There may already be some optimizations in the resource-flyweight branch, but I did not yet look at it.

    Heiko

--
Reg. Adresse: Red Hat GmbH, Otto-Hahn-Strasse 20, 85609 Dornach bei München
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht München HRB 153243