First Plugin: Discovery

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Mon Dec 14 22:55:44 UTC 2009

Writing a plugin for the fist time.. I have a couple of questions:

1) When new software is installed, how does the version information get
updated? Do you have to re-run discovery on regular intervals?

2) It looks like much of the code is using process-scan tags in the xml.
I assume this is a feature to look for running instances which can be
accessed via context.getAutoDiscoveredProcesses()

3) Given that 2 is my assumption, is this a best practice? It seems like
you would want to discover non-running servers as well.

4) What is the best practice with the new Raw config stuff is a server
has more than one config file? Does that matter at all in creating the
classes behind the plugin?

-- bk