Are these o-r digests really needed?

Stephen Gallagher sgallagh at redhat.com
Tue Oct 7 21:12:56 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-10-07 at 21:49 +0100, John Spray wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 12:29 AM, Alois Mahdal
> <Alois.Mahdal.1-ndmail at zxcvb.cz> wrote:
> > So what about removing that subscription completely?
>
> +1 (I just lurk on this list but I guess that is true for most people
> given the low traffic)

Well, the original intent of the digests was to make it clear to an
outside observer that the project was alive and healthy. As noted, not a
lot of conversation happens on this list (which is unfortunate). Many
external people to a community tend to judge whether a project is alive
or dead based on the mailing list and without these digests, the project
could conceivably be misconstrued as being a dead upstream.

That being said, if the digests are more annoying than informative, I
can remove them. I'd like to see us having more public conversations on
the list to make up for it, though :)