Clarification Required in Implementing Nfs Share

Jan Safranek jsafrane at redhat.com
Fri Sep 27 13:17:19 UTC 2013

On 09/27/2013 11:24 AM, Chethan Y wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please Correct me if i am wrong and let me know if there are any
> suggestions or help. We Are Implementing Nfs Protocol for NAS Head
> profile. As per my understanding
>
> CIM_ManagedElement  (Super Class) | CIM_ManagedSystemElement     (Sub
> Class) | CIM_LogicalElement | CIM_EnabledLogicalElement |
> | [ CIM_Share ]             CIM_Process |
> | [ CIM_FileShare ]       CIM_UnixProcess | [ CIM_NfsShare ]
>
> Instances of CIM_Process are running but CIM_Share is not supported.
> So, We need to enable and implement CIM_Share and later on we are
> going to add Nfs protocol for CIM_Nfsshare and CIFS protocol for
> CIM_CIFSshare.
>
> CIM_EnabledLogicalElement is inherited in LMI_Storage-Base.mof Where
> Could i find the CIM_Share file and i am confused in which file
> should i start the implementation ?

MOF files for CIM_* classes are distributed by DMTF and can be
downloaded at http://dmtf.org/standards/cim/.
In Fedora, you can install cim-schema package, the MOF files are then in
/usr/share/mof/

There is also link to generated HTML docs:
http://schemas.dmtf.org/wbem/cim-html/ ('+' directory denotes all
classes, including Experimental ones).

> And also how to create a new cim class and register it?

You basically choose a CIM class (or LMI one) which you want to inherit
and create new MOF file with an definition of your subclass.

class LMI_NfsShare : CIM_NfsShare {
... new properties / methods go here...
}

You can find plenty of examples in OpenLMI MOF files, actually we just
subclass appropriate CIM class, add our properties/methods there and
inherit as much from the original class as possible.

Regarding registration, provider implementation and debugging, we have
two tutorials how to create a simple provider, see
https://fedorahosted.org/openlmi/wiki/ProviderTutorial and
https://fedorahosted.org/openlmi/wiki/CimProviderHowto.

Jan