Patch review for OpenLMI

Jan Safranek jsafrane at redhat.com
Tue Mar 12 12:31:15 UTC 2013

> I've used Review Board, Gerrit and Github on multiple occasions, and
> without any doubt I will say that Review Board has the most
> comprehensive, powerful and easy to use *review* interface. Gerrit has
> the best merge interface (and a terrible review interface) and Github
> is kind of mediocre on both points.

<snip>

> So yes, if we opt for Review Board, we're still going to be doing
> manual merges to the upstream repository. I don't necessarily think
> that's a bad thing, since it requires a final manual step to make sure
> that nothing obviously breaks (although this can be minimized with
> continuous integration testing).

I have direct experience only with GitHub and hasn't been pleasant so
far. I trust your experience and I'd vote for Review Board. Only time
shows if it is good tool.

BTW, reading mediawiki's Gerrit_evaluation, I am quite surprised it does
not allow review of patch series. I usually have multiple patches in one
branch, I polish them and then I send whole patchset for review, does
Review Board support this?

Jan