Regarding simple identity management & role based authorisation profile

Roman Rakus rrakus at redhat.com
Tue Jul 16 14:39:00 UTC 2013

On 07/16/2013 08:37 AM, George varghese wrote:
> Hi,
Hello
> I have requirement to implement simple identity and role based
> authorisation profile.
> I have noted simple identity profile exists in openlmi provider.
> I have some questions about it.
> 1. In simple identity, implementation is for manipulating user accounts in
> fedora operating system for right now. Right?
Right. The account provider do management of POSIX accounts.
  .. but my requirement is not
> this. In my board haven't user acct mgmt system. Have user acct mgmnt
> system for accessing web only.  So I shall integrating that into it. Is it
> okay?
What you have to do is to implement Simple Identity Management Profile
(or be inspired by it) [1]
> 2.  Is newly created users coming to cimom for performing any profiles? I
> hope its not coming in cimom for accessing it. It's only for os users.
>
> Role based authorization profile implementation doesn't exist it? If
> anybody implemented it, could you please provide the details.
> It means that defining some roles to this newly created users. Right?
Yes. Again, look at [1] it can helps you.
But OpenLMI have only simple management of POSIX accounts.

> Please help me, I am waiting for your response.
> Regards,
> George

RR

[1]