Need help getting started with LMIShell

Michal Minář miminar at redhat.com
Tue Dec 3 08:53:54 UTC 2013

On 2.12.2013 16:03, Russell Doty wrote:
> I'm working through getting started with OpenLMI and have a series of
> questions.
>
> To start with, I want to install LMIShell on a system to be used as a
> management console, without installing all of OpenLMI and Pegasus.
>
> 1. Which packages do I need to install?
>    1a. On a base install of F20, do I need to install Python or any other
>        packages?
> 2. How do I get and install all of the LMIShell Modules and Commands?
I presume you mean OpenLMI Scripts. On Fedora you can install them
with yum:
   $ yum install 'openlmi-scripts*'
Elsewhere you may use pip:
   install pip with your package manager (yum install python-pip)
   then run:
     $ pip search openlmi-scripts
     # choose your preferred libraries and commands and install them
     $ pip install openlmi-scripts-{service,storage,software}