software update profile support

George varghese georgooty at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 10:57:39 UTC 2013

Thank you so much.
I have done as per u said. Renamed LMI_Qualifiers.mof to
00_LMI_Qualifiers.mof file which installed openlmi-providers.

Error still remains.

One question LMI_Software reg file missing after the installation of the
openlmi-provider-0.0.20.

Please suggest me, anything I missed here also please share to me soap xml
document for testing it via http request.

Regards,
George

Regards,
George

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 11:14 AM, Michal Minář <miminar at redhat.com> wrote:

> [...]
> dependencies among them in arbitrary order. So in order for
> LMI_Software.mof
> to compile, it must be parsed after LMI_Qualifiers.mof.
>
> Solution:
>     Rename LMI_Qualifiers.mof to 00_LMI_Qualifiers.mof or checkout current
>     master branch from our repository.
>
> Unfortunately this is not the only problem you will face when dealing with
> sfcb.
> The others are crashing interop provider and not working indications. We
> are
> working on them. Jan Šafránek have already solved most of issues [1].
>
> Updated package will be released soon. So for the time being you may try
> to apply patches from sourceforge ticket [1] or test with tog-pegasus.
>
> If you bump into any problem with our providers next time, feel free to
> file a bug
> against them in our bugzilla [2].
>
> [1] http://sourceforge.net/p/sblim/sfcb-tix/37/
> [2]
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=openlmi-providers&list_id=1308951
>
> Best regards,
> Michal
>

> On 24.4.2013 11:34, George varghese wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have installed openlmi-provider into my system.
>
> How to test software update via sfcb.
>
> LMI_Software.mof
>
> $ sfcbrepos -f
>
> got following errors.
>
> */usr/local/var/lib/sfcb/stage/**mofs/root/cimv2/LMI_Software.**mof line
> 556 near true: Implemented is not a known qualifier*
>
> *How to resolve this error?*
>
> Regards,
>
> George
>
> *
> *
>

> On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 8:58 PM, George varghese <georgooty at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Thank you so much for your advice.
>> In my previous mail, there are some unanswered questions..
>> Can you please explain on that too.
>> Regards,
>> George
>>  On Apr 23, 2013 6:35 PM, "Michal Minář" <miminar at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>>>  It depends on how much do you want to be profile compliant.
>>> All SMASH profiles are well described in specific documents [1]. There
>>> you can find all
>>> requirements for your providers. If you don't aim for profile-feature
>>> complete
>>> implementation, you may save yourself a lot of time. But users of your
>>> API then
>>> won't know what to expect and how to call your providers.
>>>
>>> For start, you may check out the code of software provider [2], which
>>> conforms
>>> to software inventory [3] and software update [4] profiles. See the
>>> methods implemented
>>> there and try to do it in your own way. Please, if you find some
>>> inconsistency between profiles
>>> and OpenLMI implementation, let us know by opening a ticket at our track.

>>> https://fedorahosted.org/openlmi/browser/openlmi-providers/src/software/
>>> [3]
>>> http://www.dmtf.org/sites/default/files/standards/documents/DSP1023_1.0.1.pdf
>>> [4]