[netcf-devel] netcf ~ dependencies/versions

Zdenek Styblik stybla at turnovfree.net
Sat Jan 8 09:43:22 UTC 2011

On 01/07/11 22:10, Laine Stump wrote:
> On 01/07/2011 02:11 PM, Zdenek Styblik wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm wondering if somebody could provide me with, even rough, list of
>> possible dependencies for NetCF.
>> But actually it's not as important as versions of eg. libnl, libxslt,
>> libxml etc.
>

> The specfile (netcf.spec.in) *should* list all the dependencies,
> including minimum versions if applicable, although it's always possible
> that something isn't listed there, and has just always coincidentally
> been installed on every machine that's been used to build netcf.
>
> The only exact version listed there is augeas >= 0.5.2 (although, as you
> point out, there is an unstated requirement that libnl be *less* than a
> particular version). Here's the versions I happen to have installed on
> my build machine (running Fedora 13):
>
> libxml2-devel-2.7.7-1.fc13
> libxslt-devel-1.1.26-1.fc12
> libnl-devel-1.1-8.fc12
> readline-devel-6.1-2.fc13

Thanks Laine. That was pretty lame question, wasn't it? :| As I've said
at libvirt ML I'm quite n00b at this, so I'm begging for mercy :)

Anyway, I have problems compiling NetCF at Slackware64 and I've
misinterpreted compiler message(followed by sad and small
"catastrophe"). Ehm.
After successful compilation of NetCF at Slackware (32bit) I not only
realized my mistake, but also recalled I've encountered this before,
well I think I did, with things surrounding cairo. Problem is with
augeas, which is using pkgconfig, and # ./configure; can find it, but #
make; "can not". And there is some magic, dragons ... no, I really
didn't look into it too much as for now.
I think whatever I might do, I will be better of with 32bit
first(right?) until I get better and understand things more. Downside of
this is I have no use for 32bit whatever.

>> As for libnl, I hope NetCF is not based at libnl-2.0 as it is
>> incompatible with libnl-1.1 :s
>
> Correct. It uses libnl-1.1. NetworkManager uses libnl-1.1, and we have
> to coexist with NM.

Good.

Regards,
Zdenek