[netcf-devel] netcf ~ dependencies/versions

Laine Stump laine at laine.org
Fri Jan 7 21:10:04 UTC 2011

On 01/07/2011 02:11 PM, Zdenek Styblik wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm wondering if somebody could provide me with, even rough, list of
> possible dependencies for NetCF.
> But actually it's not as important as versions of eg. libnl, libxslt,
> libxml etc.

The specfile (netcf.spec.in) *should* list all the dependencies,
including minimum versions if applicable, although it's always possible
that something isn't listed there, and has just always coincidentally
been installed on every machine that's been used to build netcf.

The only exact version listed there is augeas >= 0.5.2 (although, as you
point out, there is an unstated requirement that libnl be *less* than a
particular version). Here's the versions I happen to have installed on
my build machine (running Fedora 13):

libxml2-devel-2.7.7-1.fc13
libxslt-devel-1.1.26-1.fc12
libnl-devel-1.1-8.fc12
readline-devel-6.1-2.fc13

> As for libnl, I hope NetCF is not based at libnl-2.0 as it is
> incompatible with libnl-1.1 :s

Correct. It uses libnl-1.1. NetworkManager uses libnl-1.1, and we have
to coexist with NM.