Extra options for tags and dnf support

Mike McLean mikem at redhat.com
Wed Jun 17 22:10:47 UTC 2015

On 06/17/2015 05:01 PM, Miroslav Suchy wrote:
> Dne 17.6.2015 v 21:33 Mike McLean napsal(a):
>> With mock switching to dnf, we needed to conditionally adjust mock's
>> package_manager config on a per-tag basis. I didn't want to add yet another
>> specialized field in the tag_config table, so I extended the schema to
>> support more flexible extra options for tags.
>>
>> This set of patches adds the extra options functionality and uses it to control
>> set mock's package_manager option.
>>
>> Each tag can now be assigned arbitrary extra options. These are stored as json
>> in the database, so they can be of any type that json supports. The
>> getBuildConfig call follows inheritance when determining these.
>>
>> To tell mock to use dnf in a tag, you would run a command like:
>>
>> # koji edit-tag TAG -x mock.package_manager=dnf
>>
>> This setting is inherited.
>
> Nice.
>
> However when builder(s) are upgraded to F22 you need to add:
>    config_opts['yum_command'] = '/usr/bin/yum-deprecated'
> too.
> Can this extra option can be utilized for this too?
> How you will know the version of builder OS?
> I assume that not all builders will be migrated to F22 at once.

We could use this mechanism for other build parameters, but it sounds
like this one isn't quite so much per-tag as per-builder.

Is it safe to set config_opts['yum_command'] all the time (on F22+
biulders), or will it cause problems when package_manager is set to dnf?

The options I see are:
- set config_opts['yum_command'] in site-defaults on F22+ builders
- add some per-builder config in kojid to control this
- have kojid auto-detect whether to set this
- have mock auto-detect instead