Extra options for tags and dnf support

Miroslav Suchy msuchy at redhat.com
Wed Jun 17 21:01:46 UTC 2015

Dne 17.6.2015 v 21:33 Mike McLean napsal(a):
> With mock switching to dnf, we needed to conditionally adjust mock's
> package_manager config on a per-tag basis. I didn't want to add yet another
> specialized field in the tag_config table, so I extended the schema to
> support more flexible extra options for tags.
>
> This set of patches adds the extra options functionality and uses it to control
> set mock's package_manager option.
>
> Each tag can now be assigned arbitrary extra options. These are stored as json
> in the database, so they can be of any type that json supports. The
> getBuildConfig call follows inheritance when determining these.
>
> To tell mock to use dnf in a tag, you would run a command like:
>
> # koji edit-tag TAG -x mock.package_manager=dnf
>
> This setting is inherited.

Nice.

However when builder(s) are upgraded to F22 you need to add:
  config_opts['yum_command'] = '/usr/bin/yum-deprecated'
too.
Can this extra option can be utilized for this too?
How you will know the version of builder OS?
I assume that not all builders will be migrated to F22 at once.

I'm just raising issues, which caused me problems in Copr.

Mirek