Proper way to change zones?

Patrick skibler at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 20:33:55 UTC 2012

Hello, thank you for the reply!

I "fixed" it by copying the xml file directly to the proper folder in
/etc/firewalld instead of symbolically linking it. The original file
was in  /usr/local/lib/firewalld/services/ and all root:root 644. I
don't know enough about permissions to speculate why it wouldn't work
like that, but that is the same permissions the new file has in
/etc/firewalld and it is happy with it now!

Patrick