configuring elfutils with option --enable-maintainer-mode

Mark Wielaard mjw at redhat.com
Fri Jun 7 10:32:25 UTC 2013

Hi Sinny,

On Fri, 2013-06-07 at 06:03 -0400, Sinny Kumari wrote:
> make gives me error as http://pastebin.com/v3P0MjEk

*** missing i386_dis.h; configure with --enable-maintainer-mode

> Further, I tried to reconfigure it:
> ./configure --enable-maintainer-mode
> make
>
> Now, make runs successfully but creates changes in existing source. I have attached diff
> of changes occurred in existing source (elfutils.diff). It also creates a new file libcpu/i386_parse.h
>
> I want to know that what is the other way to compile elfutils so that it doesn't create any auto-diff in
> source?

Not at the moment. Those are maintainer managed files that change if you
don't build from a release tar ball. You can ignore any changes (they
are all in the comments). Maybe we can leave them out of the git repo
and only put them in the release tar balls?

Cheers,

Mark