configuring elfutils with option --enable-maintainer-mode

Sinny Kumari sinny at redhat.com
Fri Jun 7 10:03:03 UTC 2013

Hi,

In order to compile elfutils from source, I did following steps:

sudo yum-builddep elfutils
git clone git://git.fedorahosted.org/elfutils.git
cd elfutils/
aclocal -I m4
autoconf
autoheader
automake -a
./configure
make

make gives me error as http://pastebin.com/v3P0MjEk

Further, I tried to reconfigure it:
./configure --enable-maintainer-mode
make

Now, make runs successfully but creates changes in existing source. I have attached diff
of changes occurred in existing source (elfutils.diff). It also creates a new file libcpu/i386_parse.h

I want to know that what is the other way to compile elfutils so that it doesn't create any auto-diff in
source?

Thanks
--

     Sinny Kumari