[copyleft-next] Comments on 0.1.1

Mike Linksvayer ml at gondwanaland.com
Mon Feb 11 17:42:07 UTC 2013

On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 4:38 AM, Martin Michlmayr <tbm at cyrius.com> wrote:
> I didn't want to send a pull request with all patches because I don't
> know what I have to do to my git clone when you reject a patch (do I
> revert it, reset the tree, ...).

If you create a branch for a patch or set of patches, you can just
leave it sitting around forever if you want to remember, and switch
back to master, pull accepted patches.

That's what I try to do when I remember, and what github does on a
per-edit basis if you use their non-free web interface to edit files
in a repo (it checks out a new branch for you when you edit). I didn't
see an issue about copying that feature in gitorious, so I added one
https://issues.gitorious.org/issues/156

I have one meta-comment on copyleft-next-0.1.1 -- I wish the
announcement came with brief description of changes.

I see

   This License does not exclude or limit any rights You have under
   applicable copyright [-doctrines of fair use, fair dealing or other-]
[-   equivalents.-] {+law.+}

and wonder whether another word could be saved by dropping
"copyright". Also, I'm not sure what they would be, but one could have
pertinent rights under other applicable law, couldn't they?

Mike