[copyleft-next] Network access to Corresponding Source

Joshua Gay jgay at fsf.org
Mon Feb 11 16:25:13 UTC 2013

On 02/08/2013 10:37 PM, Richard Fontana wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 08, 2013 at 04:49:29PM -0500, Joshua Gay wrote:
>> Both Section 7(ii) and Section 8 allow users to provide the
>> Corresponding Source from a network location so long as it is provided
>> at no charge.
>>
>> I would like to add additional requirements.
>
> Any suggestions for how to do this in ~25 words or less?

I am going to think about this for a bit. I think that sections 5, 7,
and 8 could be combined into a single, simpler section focused on a
condition of providing the complete and corresponding source whenever
you distribute a derived work (and expand the definition of derived work
to include object/binary form of a program).