[copyleft-next] [MERGE REQUEST] HBR should require the project stands up for software freedom of those who contribute to it

Stephen Michael Kellat skellat at fastmail.net
Fri Feb 8 03:14:17 UTC 2013

On 02/07/2013 09:28 PM, Bradley M. Kuhn wrote:
> I apologize that my job at Conservancy and volunteer work at FSF has made it
> impossible for me to fit in volunteer work to help copyleft-next.  However, I
> find it quite disturbing that the project is returning to GitHub.  I've
> submitted this merge request to prevent the slippery slope toward proprietary
> solutions that copyleft-next appears to be on.  HBR should stand up for the
> software freedom of users.
>
> Please merge:
>
>   https://gitorious.org/copyleft-next/copyleft-next/merge_requests/29
>
>    -- bkuhn

Bradley,

Please do also disclose a summary of your sidebar discussion with
Richard Fontana as well as Claes Wallin that appears to be happening on
Identica and other federated StatusNet sites.  That appears to be
germane to this merge request and yet not necessarily represented
on-list.  This e-mail list remains our primary means of record
communications relative to the project.

I am minded at this point to ask that the folks who find the need to use
GitHub please make themselves heard on list within our primary record of
communications.  The mailing list has functioned quite well as a de
facto issue tracker thus far and I do not enjoy the notion of having to
chase down discussion across multiple fora.

Stephen Michael Kellat