[copyleft-next] Use of Gitorious and GitHub

Richard Fontana fontana at sharpeleven.org
Fri Nov 30 16:35:56 UTC 2012

Would anyone besides Bradley object (weakly or strongly) to my using
GitHub as the apparent one true public source code repository for
copyleft-next? (I have been mirroring [that's probably not even the
correct concept here] commits to the Gitorious repository in my GitHub
copyleft-next repository ever since using Gitorious for
copyleft-next.) Having used Gitorious for several months now, I have
to say that I don't like it.

I note that Bradley has already proposed some changes to copyleft-next
by attaching patches to mailing list posts in addition to Gitorious
merge requests. This seems to prove that someone who strongly objects
to GitHub can still actively participate in this project, at least if
I reverse my current practice and consistently mirror the GitHub
repository in the existing Gitorious repository (or some other public
git repository location that Bradley would not object to).

- RF