[copyleft-next] Use of Gitorious and GitHub

Kuno Woudt kuno at frob.nl
Mon Dec 3 21:57:37 UTC 2012

On 12/03/2012 10:34 PM, Richard Fontana wrote:
> On 12/03/2012 04:07 PM, Bradley M. Kuhn wrote:
>> Fontana, what key feature does GitHub have that you are seeking other
>> than issue tracking?
>
> I think I'm under a delusion that there could be interesting marginal
> network effects.

At musicbrainz our main repository is a gitweb install we host ourselves
on git.musicbrainz.org.  Most of the code I am merging from contributors
is coming in from github forks, one or two people host their own
repositories, and some of the developers use git.musicbrainz.org.

So, maintaining a mirror on github seems sufficient to get the "network
effects", there is no need to make it the main repository.

-- kuno / warp.