Deploy copr to a VPS. Original: [Re: hi]

Valentin Gologuzov vgologuz at redhat.com
Fri Jan 2 09:51:06 UTC 2015

Hi Ray,

Right now Copr is mainly developed and provided as a service.
Unfortunately we don't have a goal (and resources) to release
stand-alone application/container etc.

By design, to deploy copr you need at least two hosts for frontend and
backend, than you need an instance of OpenStack (or something similar)
to provide virtual machines for builders. It is POSSIBLE to run
everything on a single machine, but it's not practical (poor performance).

https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/copr.git/tree/copr-setup.txt is
usually outdated, and doesn't describe everything (.

You could look at our Ansible playbooks, which is used to deploy Copr to
the Fedora-infrastructure cloud:

http://infrastructure.fedoraproject.org/infra/ansible/playbooks/groups/copr-backend.yml
http://infrastructure.fedoraproject.org/infra/ansible/playbooks/groups/copr-frontend.yml

p.s.: added copr-devel@ mail-list to cc: