Copr URLs

Bohuslav Kabrda bkabrda at redhat.com
Mon Jun 17 07:30:26 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> Hi all,
>
> Something, I have been discussing with Tomas last week but not with
> Slavek or the list, is the URLs we have in copr.
>
> For example:
> front page: /
> detail of a copr: /coprs/detail/toshio/packagedb/
> copr's permissions: /coprs/detail/toshio/packagedb/permissions/
> copr's builds: /coprs/detail/toshio/packagedb/builds/
> someone's copr: /coprs/owned/toshio/
>
> I basically would like to change a couple of things. At the moment when
> I'm looking at toshio's packagedb repos there is no way to (from the
> url) easily go back to the list of toshio's copr.
>
> So I would like to propose:
> / > home
> /coprs/ > list all the repos (same as home, atm)
> /coprs/<user>/ > list someone's copr
> /coprs/<user>/<repo>/ > the detail of this copr
> /coprs/<user>/<repo>/{permissions,builds,...}/ > same as now the
> permissions, builds or other page for this repo (the repo file for yum
> could end up here as /coprs/<user>/<repo>/repo/ )
>
> It's something I have in mind but would like to discuss before doing
> (unless someone beats me to it).
>
> So, what do you think?
>
> Pierre

Hi Pierre,
I've been thinking about this for a long time and this is why I decided to not take your proposed way:
Since Copr doesn't have control over user names (it takes them from FAS, currently), we cannot prevent user named e.g. "new" or "edit" to register. Since "new" and "edit" are also keywords (/coprs/new/, /coprs/edit/) accessed by GET, this would result in an ugly URL collision (either user's coprs list would be unaccessible or noone would be able to display the "new copr" page).

Does that make sense or have I missed something?
Slavek.

--
Regards,
Bohuslav "Slavek" Kabrda.