Ubuntu vivid (15.04)

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Wed Feb 11 07:34:03 UTC 2015

On 11/02/15 17:11, Marius Vollmer wrote:
> Does it make sense to improve Cockpit on Trusty?

IMHO no. If considering trusty then utopic also needs a working release
and I would think that all effort should be focussed on the next upcoming
release (15.04 vivid) that will have a default, or near default, systemd.

The next LTS is 14 months away and I would expect by then that cockpit
would be working absolutely perfectly on a Ubuntu server and if Canonical
do not include it out of the box then it would be the first package added
to 95% of new installations.