Archlinux build

Stef Walter stefw at redhat.com
Wed Feb 12 09:33:24 UTC 2014

On 11.02.2014 17:56, Mark Constable wrote:
> Hi, I'm attempting to build cockpit on Archlinux and expect a bit of a
> rough
> ride for a while but just in case there is anyone else interested in a
> source
> package for AUR then any help appreciated. FWIW I get this far if someone
> happens to have a suggestion for a non-redhat environment w/ systemd 208.
>
> make: *** No rule to make target
> '/usr/share/dbus-1/interfaces/com.redhat.lvm2.xml', needed by
> 'com.redhat.lvm2.c'.  Stop.

Hey ... cool. We haven't yet tried to build it in a non-redhat environment.

You'll probably run into several issues, but we'd definitely be eager to
include fixes for them.

By the way ... while at Devconf in Brno, we talked about ways we can
make cockpit more modular and adapt to systems where certain
configuration services (like systemd or NetworkManager) are not
available. But that's not yet implemented.

So about this particular problem: storaged is required (and provides the
above file). I've filed bug #197 [1] because we should be checking for
storaged in configure.ac

Cheers,

Stef

[1] https://github.com/cockpit-project/cockpit/issues/197