ability to limit the UI view to one server

Stef Walter stefw at redhat.com
Thu Apr 10 15:35:26 UTC 2014

On 09.04.2014 10:28, Alissa Bonas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've created a sample UI plugin for oVirt that displays a cockpit UI inside a subtab for a host in oVirt UI.
> Please see attached an example screenshot.
>
> I haven't found a way to limit the view to one server only on cockpit side (not via permissions either), so a user is able to navigate inside cockpit UI to "all", and manage all servers in the subtab, and not only the host that was selected in oVirt.
>
> Is there a way to limit the view to a one server only?
> If not, are there any plans to add such a functionality?

I think that sounds like a good idea for embedding. Have you had a
chance to file an issue about this specifically.

Are you working on this right now? In which case I can work with you
next week to get this done. Cool to see Cockpit starting to be used in
other contexts.

Although be aware it's not production ready yet. So it'd be risky to
suggest people try this out in production. But you probably already know
that :)

Stef