[cobbler] SOLVED second system won't boot

Alan Evangelista alanoe at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Thu Sep 25 17:37:46 UTC 2014

On 09/23/2014 11:08 AM, Jeremy wrote:

> On 09/22/2014 07:53 PM, Alan Evangelista wrote:
>> On 09/22/2014 08:46 PM, Jeremy wrote:
>>>
>>> The solution was to
>>>
>>> cobbler profile edit --name=fedora20-x86_64
>>> --kopts="ksdevice=bootdev ifname=bootdev:\$(mac_address_eth0)"
>>
>> I assume eth0 is the network interface used to netboot.
>> I do not understand why ksdevice=bootif has not worked for you
>> and you had to set ksdevice's MAC address explicitly.
>>
> I do not understand it either and it bothers me. Is there anything I
> can do to help narrow this down? Or should I find a kickstart forum
> and ask there?

I do not know how to debug this better. I tried to raise kernel
debugging level when
I had a similar issue, but I have not seen anything interesting.

I suggest Fedora users mailing list. Even if they do not have an answer,
maybe they will
point to someone who does. Please give us feedback if you find out the
source of the
problem.

Regards,
Alan Evangelista