[cobbler] SOLVED second system won't boot

Jeremy Jeremy.Mordkoff at riftio.com
Tue Sep 23 14:08:22 UTC 2014

On 09/22/2014 07:53 PM, Alan Evangelista wrote:
> On 09/22/2014 08:46 PM, Jeremy wrote:
>>
>> The solution was to
>>
>> cobbler profile edit --name=fedora20-x86_64 --kopts="ksdevice=bootdev
>> ifname=bootdev:\$(mac_address_eth0)"
>
> I assume eth0 is the network interface used to netboot.
> I do not understand why ksdevice=bootif has not worked for you
> and you had to set ksdevice's MAC address explicitly.

I do not understand it either and it bothers me. Is there anything I can
do to help narrow this down? Or should I find a kickstart forum and ask
there?

I posted a rdsosreport, but I don't think that has any relevent details.

What bothers me is that I don't see a DHCP request when I should. It's
like it's not even trying. Isn't the default action (in Anaconda) to try
to bring up every interface?

Thanks for the support.

JLM