[cobbler] DHCP entries removed when netboot-enabled=N

Tim Skirvin tskirvin at fnal.gov
Fri May 30 20:59:17 UTC 2014

Dan Alvarez <dan.alvarez at xockets.com> writes:

> I read through the thread back in 2012, but it didn't look to have resulted
> in a final conclusion.   I'm happily using cobbler to set up my DHCP and
> DNS for the cluster.  It all works fine for my regular ports, but I'm also
> using provisioning through cobbler for my ipmi interfaces (DHCP and DNS)
> but I loose my DHCP leases on those after some time.

> Why don't the dhcp entries persist even with netboot-enabled set to False?

        I'm actually curious about the inverse - why do some dhcp entries
persist even with netboot-enabled set to False?  It's not consistent, and
it seems to have something to do with whether the host is set to bonding
or not.

        Is there some additional dhcp templating work that can be done to
let both of us have what we want?

        (I'm running 2.7.0.)

                                    - Tim Skirvin (tskirvin at fnal.gov)
--
HPC Systems Administrator / Developer    http://www.linkedin.com/in/tskirvin
       USCMS-T1 Collaboration               Fermilab Scientific Computing