[cobbler] repos on two networks

Bret Wortman bret.wortman at damascusgrp.com
Wed Feb 5 15:29:05 UTC 2014

I've got cobbler instances on two networks. One is connected to the
internet, the other development network is not.

Cobbler on the net-connected network is blissfully happy and syncs its
repos daily. We can use FedUp while pointing at its repos (at least, I'm
90% sure we've done this) and setting up F20 and C6.5 clients is easy as
pie.

What I'd like to do is basically make a copy of
/var/www/cobbler/repo_mirror and copy it to the dev network and "fake
out" its cobbler instance to think that it has the latest repos as well.

(a) Is this possible?
(b) Do I need to do anything special with Cobbler after bringing the
newest repo_mirror contents over to refresh it somehow? I know that
running cobbler reposync would be a mistake....
(c) Short of finding a way to replicate mirrors.kernel.org's complete
directory trees somewhere on my internal network just so Cobbler can see
them, is there another way to accomplish this if my idea's a bust?

Thanks!

--
*Bret Wortman*

http://damascusgrp.com/