[cobbler] Documentation for LiveCD Booting

a. thissideup at riseup.net
Wed Aug 27 20:06:46 UTC 2014

I am trying to provision my clients with a Live image using Cobbler and
am following the guide at
http://www.cobblerd.org/manuals/2.6.0/Appendix/G_-_Booting_Live_CDs.html

Unfortunately the documentation is faulty at the cobbler distro edit
section. It points the root to "/f9live.iso" and says above that one has
to "Be sure [that] the "/name-goes-here.iso" part of the path matches up
with the ISO you ran livecd-iso-to-pxeboot against exactly or the
booting will not be successful." I tried several paths (all leading to
the image) including having it in the /var/lib/tftpboot root folder.

Since the documentation is faulty and also is not more descriptive, I am
at a loss of how to proceed. Could someone tell me where I have to put
the iso or how else this is supposed to work?

Thanks,
alex.