[cobbler] Documentation

Jörgen Maas jorgen.maas at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 06:40:07 UTC 2014

Hey all,

In the past the Cobbler manual has been split off from the cobbler source
tree and moved into the website repo. Since then we have never received any
patches to the documentation, i'd like to see more user involvement with
regards to the documentation.

To make contributing more easy i have started importing the documentation
back into the main cobbler repository. This process involves converting the
docs (from markdown) into the RST format which is unfortunately still
ongoing...

Also, the docs are now built using Sphinx and PDF versions will be included
in a new cobbler-docs package. For more online reading convenience i've
also setup a readthedocs.org account:
http://cobbler.readthedocs.org/en/latest/

This new documentation effort is targeted at the master branch which will
become Cobbler 3.0.0.

I'd like to invite anyone to help converting/improving our documentation!

Thanks!

--
Grtz,
Jörgen Maas