[cobbler] Enabling pxe boot option via ipmi?

Jennifer Patrick jpatrick at dyn.com
Wed Aug 13 14:58:12 UTC 2014

Is there a PXE once option in cobbler?  Basically, my logic is that with a
large amount of servers set to boot CD/HD/Network i'd like it if the
already flexible cobbler can also issue a pxe flag to system (Like when you
toggle "netboot_enabled") so that way the system will know to netboot the
next time it's booted, and can commence with a network install.

Does that help?

Thanks.
Jennnifer.

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 10:49 AM, Michael Tiernan <mtiernan at mit.edu> wrote:

> > On 12.08.2014 [14:36:50 -0400], Jennifer Patrick wrote:
> >> Hiya.
> >>
> >> Just wondering if anyone has figured out a way via the API, or how to
> >> show-horn it into the web-interface, to enable cobbler to set a pxe boot
> >> flag on a system.  Currently in cobbler we can do the equivalent of:
>
> May I ask why this is preferred instead of using the "PXE Once" option
> for the system?
>
> Not questioning your logic, just trying to learn.

[image: Dyn logo, Dyn.com] <http://dyn.com/>
<http://twitter.com/dyn>    <http://twitter.com/dyninc>[image: Dyn facebook
account] <http://facebook.com/dyn>    <http://twitter.com/dyninc>[image:
Dyn LinkedIn account] <http://linkedin.com/company/dyn>