[cobbler] 2.4.0 beta 3 now has Kernel Options: {'repo': '$tree'}?

Zack Perry zack.perry at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 5 16:46:18 UTC 2013

Hi James,

Thanks. Look forward to.  For now, as a get-around I just unset the attribute, and koan works.  I run koan on SL 6.3, and had to slightly patch both virtinst.py and osdict.py to get it to work correctly.  As soon as I hear back from you, I will revert my own changes and use the original koan directly and try again.

Regards,

-- Zack
[...]

This was added due to the new requirement of fedora to set that parameter. I'll take a look at the koan code to see where the issue is. I thought I had added code to expand that:
commit a93739f15771228e3e23bc9ad07cc3d6e532f5a1
Author: James Cammarata <jimi at sngx.net>Date:   Fri Nov 2 21:50:50 2012 -0500
    Kernel options are now evaluated as templates for variable substitution
    Also fixed up the post_install_kernel_options snippet for grub2 systems where grubby doesn't work well
That's the commit for master, here's the commit hash for it in the cobbler-2.4.0-beta3 tag:

commit 4cc72e09dbf9328e5b773a95e1d27f7ea155d18eAuthor: James Cammarata <jimi at sngx.net>Date:   Fri Nov 2 21:50:50 2012 -0500