[cobbler] RFC: adding a cobbler debmirror.template?

Javier Palacios javiplx at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 13:25:27 UTC 2012

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 8:56 AM, Zack Perry <zack.perry at sbcglobal.net>wrote:

>    - But with Ubuntu, once an official repository is mirrored locally
>    using e.g. debmirror, without fetching and unpacking the netboot tar ball,
>    the result can be only used for installing packages.  Thus, the degree of
>    automation is at least two steps behind what cobbler does for Red Hat
>    systems.  IMHO this "gap" should be filled.

Although I did never finish the attempt to integrate witch cobbler, I wrote
a mirroring tool (https://github.com/javiplx/repomirror) which is able not
only to mirror the packages but also de debian installer components.

In short, the installer things are handled as a "component"
(main/debian-installer), so it should be not difficult to get it mirrored
with any apt capable tool.

Javier Palacios