[cobbler] cobbler 2.4.0, Fedora 17, eth0 and em1

James Cammarata jimi at sngx.net
Wed Nov 21 05:27:35 UTC 2012

> [root at cobbler ~]# cobbler system edit --name=nb2 --interface=em1 --delete-interface
> At least one interface needs to be defined.
> [root at cobbler ~]#
>
> IMHO, this should be considered as a bug.

I just realized why this is. Systems always have one interface, even
if they look like they have none (the secret default eth0 interface).
But when you add an interface, it takes the place of the default, and
if you try and remove it cobbler will give you the above error
message. It worked on my system because I had two interfaces defined.

In order to remove em1, you'll need to define a new interface first.