snippet keep_ssh_host_keys not running in background

Detlev Habicht habicht at ims.uni-hannover.de
Wed Dec 21 10:28:05 UTC 2011

Hi all,

i am testing the snippet keep_ssh_host_keys.

Well, i am a beginner in cobbler and maybe my problem is a bash problem, but
when i use keep_ssh_host_keys i have two problems:

When i use keep_ssh_host_keys as snippet, i see while kickstart is running:

Unknown command: <!DOCTYPE

Why?

Well, than i put the whole keep_ssh_host_keys script in my kickstart file
and now the script is running until the last part (i can see, the keys are
saved in /tmp):

# Loop until the corresponding rpm is installed
if [ "$keys_found" = "yes" ]; then
    while : ; do
        sleep 10
        if [ -d /mnt/sysimage$SEARCHDIR ] ; then
            cp -af /tmp/$TEMPDIR/${PATTERN}* /mnt/sysimage$SEARCHDIR
            logger "keys copied to newly installed system"
            break
        fi
    done &
fi

The kickstart process stopped and i think the loop is running, but not
in the background, so the installation process cannot proceed.

Why?

Thanx for any help!

Detlev

--
  Detlev  | Institut fuer Mikroelektronische Systeme
  Habicht | D-30167 Hannover +49 511 76219662 habicht at ims.uni-hannover.de