redhat "rescue mode"?

Mann, Owen Owen.Mann at interactivedata.com
Thu Dec 15 17:23:07 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: cobbler-bounces at lists.fedorahosted.org [mailto:cobbler-bounces at lists.fedorahosted.org] On Behalf Of Jörgen Maas
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2011 12:13 PM
To: cobbler mailing list
Subject: Re: redhat "rescue mode"?

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 5:43 PM, Greg Swift <gregswift at gmail.com> wrote:
> I realize it makes re-enabling the feature more complicated but I'd
> like to throw my hat in with the --rescue-mode=true style of use
> instead of changing profiles.

If some sort of command flag is desired it should (imo) be implemented for at least rhel,suse,debian and ubuntu breeds. Also a corresponding option in the webinterface has to implemented.

Personally i don't see the point adding more (breed specific) code when the desired functionality can simply be achieved by using profiles (normal workflow). I'd suggest documenting the procedure on the wiki.

--
Grtz,
Jörgen Maas

My 2cents: I never had a problem with switching profiles. But I thought - and correct me if I'm wrong - rescue-mode for RHEL is just a matter of adding "rescue" to the " Kernel Options " field.

This message (including any files transmitted with it) may contain confidential and/or proprietary information, is the property of Interactive Data Corporation and/or its subsidiaries, and is directed only to the addressee(s). If you are not the designated recipient or have reason to believe you received this message in error, please delete this message from your system and notify the sender immediately. An unintended recipient's disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this message or any attachments is prohibited and may be unlawful.