PXE boot a (DOS) Live CD

Michael DeHaan michael.dehaan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 13:46:20 UTC 2011

You can't use Cobbler import with anything other than Linux distributions.   It's just a shortcut around "cobbler distro add" and "cobbler profile add" for the most part, which is not what you want here.  You will need to rm -rf that directory inside ks_mirror (because it's not needed at all) and then use "cobbler image add…"  instead.

cobbler image add --name=foo --file=/path/to/foo.img --image-type=memdisk
(Ouch: https://fedorahosted.org/cobbler/ticket/539 is NOT resolved, so it looks like you'll have to add it to the webui until the one-line extra simpler super easy fix is made, I'll open up a github ticket on the very simple change required to fix this, since Trac is no longer the list of things we have to do, and much of it is stale )
As far as the new Wiki goes, there are two pages, and I need to remove the "All About Images" link as that link is clearly busted as it just linked to the home page.   I'd like to replace it with pages about the specific types, like how to boot DOS, instead.   Images was too generic.
Off topic -- regarding "cobbler image add", I am also inclined to say we should remove the virtualization type "virt-image" because it was a hack I was sort of talked into doing, but it doesn't really jive with cobbler's view on provisioning and it's not like that works with VMware either.

-- Michael