[cobbler-devel] Cobbler CLI: cobbler aclsetup

Ed - 0x1b, Inc. cobblerlist at 0x1b.com
Mon Apr 28 02:54:27 UTC 2014

I would expect Cobbler CLI to be used in this case:
1) Cobbler running on a headless server without a webserver
2) Admins shell into box to admin Cobbler or something like
CFEngine/Puppet/Chef runs commands
3) Admin duties split among more than one Admins/Groups - for example
groups could break along "bare metal OS provisioning", "repository
acceptance and mirroring", and say "virtualization & power management"
roles (never done that so I'm fakin' it here)

unless I'm not understanding "cli" - most cobbler examples are given
in cli. Also, I don't think it is necessary (or wise) to run cobblerd
under root - I've got a dedicated user, and maybe some of the web
stuff is owned by the www user. I think the trend is to run things
like cobbler in a container - isolating all those moving parts from
the underlying system. Also, I have never thought of Cobbler as
Client/Server - my experience is that everything must run on the same
system. please tell me if otherwise.

**since top-posting is already amok here - I'm not fixing this - damn
gmail - sorry