Interesting issue with tito

Devan Goodwin dgoodwin at rm-rf.ca
Tue Sep 13 13:30:01 UTC 2011

I'm guessing this line in the tito readme threw you for a loop, I've
just updated to try to clarify:

 The packages can be organized in any hierarchy you like and even be moved
-around and re-tagged, we only need to have the spec file at the top of the
-source for that package.
+around and re-tagged, we only need to have the spec file in the top level
+directory for that package.

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 3:53 PM, Bryan Kearney <bkearney at redhat.com> wrote:
> Zeus helped me debug this. Issue is that I had a directory like this:
>
> headpin
>   /src
>   headpin.spec
>
> I do tito init, and it works. Howvever, the root in
> rel-eng/packages/headpin is / which means the spec file needs to
> reference files relative to src. Nasty.
>
> So.. at this point, I am at SHA-! in git, and my directory looks like:
>

> headpin
>   /src
>   /rel-eng
>   headpin.spec
>
> So, I edit rel-eng/packages/headpin and change the root to src/. I
> commit, and git is at SHA-2
>
> I cd into src, and run tito build --test --rpm. All sorts of wierd stuff
> occurs that makes no sense. The reason is that the first thing which
> tito does is runs:
>
> git log --pretty=format:%H --max-count=1 .
>

> this will return SHA-1 since I am running this in src. If I run this in
> the root i get SHA-2. I think that this causing tito to get confused in
> many different ways. Tagging would probably fix this as it would apply
> to all directories.
>
> -- bk

So this src dir is not required, it's just common for a package to
have a src/ dir, a docs/ dir, etc. I have local changes to your tito
branch for headpin which makes it look like this:

(dgoodwin at redhat {tito} ~/src/headpin) $ ls
app/       db/      Gemfile       lib/     public/              README    spec/
config/    deploy/  Gemfile.lock  LICENSE  pullFromKatello.sh*
rel-eng/  vendor/
config.ru  doc/     headpin.spec  locale/  Rakefile             script/

It appears to build ok too. I also have a 0.0.5 tag that is required.
If this looks ok to you I can push.

Cheers,

Devan